Monday, December 17, 2007

Stadium Traffic Scares My Neighbors

The Washington Post has this article on the fears many of my Southwest neighbors have with likelihood of traffic congestion following the completion of the National's new stadium.

I say in the words of our fearless leader, "Bring em' on!"

I see nothing but blue skies and blooming roses in this situation. Here's my list why:

1. The thousands of visitors will mean boom times for our nonexistent restaurants and shops.

2. And with all these people floating around we'll have a whole new class of people to despise.

4. More cars mean more smog. It is about time our air matched the color of the nearby Anacostia River. Royal Brown.

5. We'll get to watch the progression of our neighborhood turn from crackhouses to trendy condos and back to crackhouses, all within a few years.

6. Higher chance of SW pedestrians being hit by cars. Money in the bank for the injured.

7. Last but not least why this is good news: I don't drive and I don't use the Navy Yard Metro. I could give a fuck!

Good Times.

No comments: