Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm a Quaker!

You heard it hear first, everyone. I've converted to Quakerism, a.k.a the Religious Society of Friends.

Well, I haven't actually attended any of the masses or "friend sessions" or whatever they call them, or been through any actual initiation procedure, if that even exists, but I've made the conscious decision that I am a Quaker, which I think is the first step toward being a Quaker.

This all came about a few nights ago when I was watching the last season of Six Feet Under. Nate and Brenda attend a Quaker mass or whatever it's called under the influence from Maggie (George's daughter).

The whole ceremony seemed so spiritual to me. I need to be closer to God and have time to reflect. What better way to do it than at a Quaker mass or whatever it's called.

I also want to be a Quaker because of Maggie from Six Feet Under. She was so pious. Even though she had experienced so much loss in her life, she still seemed to be a forgiving, caring, and sympathetic soul.

Ok, so, Maggie had some flaws. She slept with Nate who was married and expecting another child, and, yes, the love making did end up killing him, but she felt really, really bad about it. She brought Brenda a quiche after the funeral. That's atonement if I've ever heard of it.

I'm getting off track. Anyway, I am going to become a Quaker or actually I am already. I know, I haven't figured that out yet, but basically I am one.

Does this make me a minority? Cause if so, I want the tax exemption status.

No comments: