Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bleeding Gingiva

My gums are bleeding and I'm paranoid about it.

I bought a new toothbrush last week and now every time I brush, my gums bleed.

I don't know if this is caused by the new toothbrush being too rough or because my last toothbrush was so old that it wasn't properly brushing my teeth.

It is kind of freaking me out, which is causing me to overbrush, which is causing more gum irritation. I did some research on the internet and all of these could be the cause. What am to do?

Funny thing: During my research, I noticed that now the ADA recommends brushing only twice a day, not thrice? When did this change? Did they just give up trying to get people to brush three times a day?

***

As a blogger, did I just cross the line of giving too much information on one's life?

No comments: