Friday, December 7, 2007

Slow December

Wow, the number of my posts are down incredibly this month. I'm in a creative slump, I guess.

I will "rant" about one thing though. Proper e-mail etiquette concerning Ccing and Toing people.
In my office, I notice quite a bit that people like to Cc me but then place some of the higher ups in the To. Why are they Toed and I am Cced? The letter addresses all of us. Because they make more they get ranked higher in the email pecking order?

I don't think so. I am just as important as the bigwigs. To me, don't Cc me. I think the bosses will appreciate you Toing everyone too. It shows you are an egalitarian.

Now, if the letter doesn't address me and it is being sent to me more for an "FYI", then that's fine. Cc me all you want. But if you are addressing the letter to me and other people, have the common decency to To everyone equally!

No comments: