Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Pope is coming to DC

I'm a little excited that his holiness will be coming to DC in April. Now I know I am not the best Catholic, or even a good one, but still something about the Pope lights a fire of faith in me. No, not about that God stuff, but the faith in knowing I was born into the right religion and others weren't.

Anyway, I received this email from the archdiocese about tickets to his mass at the National's stadium:

Thank you for your interest in obtaining tickets to attend the upcoming
Mass that our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, will celebrate in
Washington, DC during his Apostolic Journey to the United States. We
share in your joy of this special blessing.

The Archdiocese of Washington has not finalized plans for distribution
of tickets. In the past, our custom for major events has been to
distribute tickets primarily through our parishes and organizations with
whom we collaborate in the pastoral care of the local Church.

Once a decision on ticket distribution is made, it will be announced
publicly, including at the archdiocesan website, www.adw.org, and in the
Catholic Standard and El Pregonero newspapers.

Looks like I need to find a church to join and fast before all the other stragglers beat me to it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came acrosss your blog when I tried to find information on tickets to see the Pope in April. Just as an FYI, if you do want to join a parish (even if to just get information on and access to the tickets), you can join St. Thomas of the Apostle online at: http://www.stayoungadult.org/register.htm

Anonymous said...

Will you let us know when the pope will be in DC? I'm afraid it will coincide with my family's visit, and that will suck because all they will want to do is try to spot the pope somewhere.

Randy Giles said...

I will do my best. They do not plan to announce how tickets will be distributed.

Anonymous said...

As far as USA Today has stated... The Pope will be in Washington D.C. April 15th - 17th after which he will travel to New York. The Mass that will be celebrated in Nationals stadium is scheduled for the 17th.