Sunday, November 4, 2007

F the World; I'm a Fool

F' the world. No, actually I mean Fuck the world.

Last night as I was exiting Farragut North Metro, an elderly, well-dressed, black women stops me. She seemed disheveled and was talking rather quickly. Apparently she had locked her keys in her car, a BMW, with her purse and cell phone inside. Joan (we exchanged names) couldn't have the police unlock it because it would require scratching up her beemer. What Joan wanted from me was some money so she could get a cab ride back to her house in Aspen Hills. Aspen Hills is quite a distance and she asked for 80 dollars.

Probably you can tell where this is going, but I will tell you that I was strong. I was very hesitant at first, but in the end I fell for her. Joan said she was a Christian, who wouldn't!

So I gave her the money and she promised to give me a call that night to repay me (I gave my number, but stupidly didn't get hers). As she hailed for a cab, again promised she would call me as a "Christian" and hugged me. Before she left she thanked me for returning her faith in humanity.

It is now 24 hours later and no call. Go fuck yourself, Joan. Because of you I lost my faith in humanity. Ok, maybe not, but it still really pisses me off. I'm living paycheck to paycheck here; I can't be giving money away!

Actually, I probably had it coming. I haven't donated any money recently, so I guess it is good I gave it to Joan. She was in need of the money for something, who knows for what. So yeah, I'll look at this in a positive light. Instead of being conned, I was giving a donation. I did something for someone else. I'll consider this my yearly donation. Sweet, elderly, Christian Joan needed that money and unfortunately could only get it by lying. You deserve that money, Joan. Spend it well... hopefully on drugs.

No comments: