Friday, November 30, 2007

No More Black Socks

That's it, I've had it. No more black socks in my life. They are uncomfortable, smelly, and create big balls of black lint when you take them off.

Oh, but you are saying that I am probably just buying the wrong kind. No, I am not. I've bought the cotton ones, cheap ones, moderately expensive ones, and they all produce the same result: a rank smell and black lint.

Oh, but you are saying that it is my feet that smell not the socks. No, it's the socks. I naturally have good smelling feet because of my genes. No question about it, it is the socks.

The solution to all this is to bring back the white tube sock style. Not the real long ones with the red stripes or whatever from the 80's, just the plain white sock.

Oh, but you are saying that white socks create lint just like black socks. Yes, but it's white lint, not black lint, so I am okay with that. Call me racist if you want, but this is just how I feel.

How did white socks fall out of style anyway? They look great with any shoe, sometimes even with sandals. I'm serious. The only reason they look odd is because nobody wears them anymore. If everyone started to wear white socks with black shoes it wouldn't be such an eye soar.

Anyway, if I want the white sock back this means I am going to have to start the trend off. God has given me the gift of trend setting and I must use it. "With great power comes great responsibility". So, starting today no more black socks in my life. White socks only....and occasionally brown.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Go ahead! Rock the white sock look!

But to help with the lint problem for socks of any color, turn them inside out when you wash them. Friend of mine told me about this -- Martha Stewart-watching fucker.

Randy Giles said...

Good advice. I'll try that out next time.