Wednesday, October 24, 2007

David Chase on Sopranos Finale, Part 2

I read two articles from The Associated Press and from E! that both say David Chase "strongly" suggests Tony was NOT whacked in the finale.

I can't find that anywhere in the interview where he "strongly" suggests Tony didn't die. What I took from it was that he did die.
"There had been indications of what the end is like. Remember when Jerry Toricano was killed? Silvio was not aware that the gun had been fired until after Jerry was on his way down to the floor. That's the way things happen: It's already going on by the time you even notice it."

Bingo, right there you have it. Plus with Bobby's comment on death. Never see it until it happens! Tony died, David Chase is just being "coy" even though he says he is not. He just doesn't want to explain it to us.

I don't get how these two articles got it so wrong. They totally misconstrue the interview, like how they place his quotes to the wrong conclusions.

Please read the entire interview. I think you will see it my way.

No comments: